Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

2008 Disc 'n Dat Bluegrass Open Options
Touringam2
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 7:11:39 AM

Can't remember if I gave my shirt size or not.
I'd like an XL if possible.
Thanks,
Ian Vance
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 10:14:17 AM

Rob - thanks for that update and clarification. I didn't look into it too deep, but at first glance it looks inconsistent; in one paragraph I see where you cannot use a towel or pad for your foot and then shortly after it says you can use it on the tee box. Very inconsistent if you ask me ( I know you didn't nor did anyone else, but..). I don't want to turn this into a rules thread but briefley, why exactly is that? Again, I'll need to review that rule some more I suppose.

Got the shirt sizes Dave and Ian, except Dave, we do not have any adult smalls ordered. There were none ordered in the early requests so I didn't order any. I used the early returns as a guide to what to order. I can get you an adult medium though.
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 10:27:30 AM

Just an update on accommodations. When I spoke with the hotel yesterday they still have rooms available. Also you can check the tourney site at www.discndatonline.com for camping information.
osu_buckeyes
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 11:19:45 AM

Medium is fine,
Thanks
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 12:15:59 PM

Kool Keith
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 12:54:39 PM

Why did Tyler Horne drop to Pro Womens? I don't think Val or Liz will be too happy to see that!
Kool Keith
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 12:56:24 PM

Jay Reading in masters?

Dellahyam
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 1:01:21 PM

Wont be able to make it and watch to do a schedule screw up at work! Are the Disc going to be available to purchase online?
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 1:06:15 PM

Ahh, Liz and Val can beat the pants off him. Oh, he's not wearing pants - he's wearing skorts. Thanks for proofing everybody.
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 1:07:35 PM

As for Jay, it came across Paypal as Masters entry and $74. So that's where he's at. Maybe he just clicked the wrong one. We'll see.
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 1:09:20 PM

Dellahyam wrote:
Wont be able to make it and watch to do a schedule screw up at work! Are the Disc going to be available to purchase online?

I'll try to get some online at www.discndatonline.com soon. Any certain one you wanting?
Dellahyam
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 1:46:11 PM

Oh theres more then one?
Rob J
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 3:58:49 PM

discndat wrote:
Rob - thanks for that update and clarification. I didn't look into it too deep, but at first glance it looks inconsistent; in one paragraph I see where you cannot use a towel or pad for your foot and then shortly after it says you can use it on the tee box. Very inconsistent if you ask me ( I know you didn't nor did anyone else, but..). I don't want to turn this into a rules thread but briefly, why exactly is that? Again, I'll need to review that rule some more I suppose.

Hi Dan,

from what i gather, the PDGA Rules Committee in the online Q & A recently ruled that you can't build a lie (say if you were in casual water and wanted to move something like a rock there to throw off and not get wet). that created the notion that you can't use a towel anywhere on the course (technically using a towel could be considered building a lie) -- which started a firestorm of complaint (people even said they were going to tie a towel around their knee and call it a bandage since bandages and gloves are legal) so now the RC has clarified and said you can use a towel or pad to kneel on to prevent abrasions.  the teepad thing i think is in regards to the fact that people already wear shoes (which prevent abrasions), and they don't want a rule saying it is okay to put objects under your feet to stand on (too close to building a lie) so they said towels only on teepads where it is already a common practice when wet to prevent slipping and injury.

kneeling on a disc behind your mini should meet the new ruling too as the compressed thickness is within the limits.  the ruling only affects the support point directly behind the center of the mini -- you can use whatever you want under other support points...

... back to your regularly scheduled programming ...
Liz
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 9:40:33 PM

Does anyone know the whereabouts of the other scoreboard? Pete? Fred?
matthew_blakely
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 9:53:43 PM

I talked to Jay this weekend and it was not him that signed up. He and Des are going back to Texas I believe.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 11:10:04 PM

I checked the garage,which I haven't been in in a while and found a scoreboard.... I can drop off or someone can pick up, let me know.
Liz
Posted: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 9:01:50 AM

Hey Fred, I can pick it up after work today, if that's okay.
Heavy_D
Posted: Thursday, April 17, 2008 11:52:51 AM

Hey Dan,
Will we be able to check in on Friday at Banklick?
If not, do we need to check in Friday if we're already registered?

I need to go revisit Banklick because it's been years since I've played there.
Not sure I've played it since 24 were permanent.

Thanks,
Dennis
discndat
Posted: Thursday, April 17, 2008 12:52:37 PM

Check-in on Friday at Idlewild is for pros not already registered (THERE ARE NO SATURDAY SIGNUPS) and for ams to pick up their players package early. If ams don't pick up players pack friday, they will be given out sometime Saturday at Idlewild, not necessarily in the am, maybe at lunch. Ok, I just re-read your post - we won't be at Banklick - we are doing the check-in for ams, pro signups at Idlewild 5-7:30. I may be there earlier, but...
Heavy_D
Posted: Thursday, April 17, 2008 1:30:19 PM

discndat wrote:
Check-in on Friday at Idlewild is for pros not already registered (THERE ARE NO SATURDAY SIGNUPS) and for ams to pick up their players package early. If ams don't pick up players pack friday, they will be given out sometime Saturday at Idlewild, not necessarily in the am, maybe at lunch. Ok, I just re-read your post - we won't be at Banklick - we are doing the check-in for ams, pro signups at Idlewild 5-7:30. I may be there earlier, but...

So if I'm already registered then there is no reason that I HAVE to come to Idlewild on Friday, correct?

I just want to be sure that I don't need to check in or anything like that.

Showing up Saturday is fine, correct?

thanks and sorry for being a dumb-dumb....dumb
Fred Salaz
Posted: Thursday, April 17, 2008 1:47:33 PM

How's that weak forehand of yours doing at your old age Dennis?  bow
Heavy_D
Posted: Thursday, April 17, 2008 1:53:28 PM

Fred Salaz wrote:
How's that weak forehand of yours doing at your old age Dennis?  bow

Same as it ever was....
Same as it ever was....

Hey, I actually got my first ever, PDGA sanctioned BACKHAND birdie at the Grigg's tourny!!!
I threw 4 backhand shots off the tee that day and managed to birdie one.....that was of course because I had a 40ft'r and threw a beautiful forehand putt in. (figures huh....)
I know that Banklick has tons of backhand opportunities, I just don't know if I'll be feeling "lucky" enough to throw it....

Sure will miss playing with you this weekend.

See Ya......
Liz
Posted: Thursday, April 17, 2008 4:12:47 PM

Jim from Flywear Apparel (the guy who did the polo shirts for the club) will be out at the BGO this weekend with apparel for sale. Along with other items, he will be selling "Course Shirts" (I was wearing an Idlewild one at the Idlewild CC). He would like to become a sponsor of the club and future events, this is his first endeavor, the following quote is from an email:
"I am donating $1.00 from every course shirt I sell at the BGO to the GCFDA if that is okay with you.Lets hope I sell out.You can post that somewhere if you like.I`ll have Banklick,Mt. Airy and Idlewild....Thanks Jim" So....think about it...not sure about the price of them yet.
Otterbein_discgolf
Posted: Thursday, April 17, 2008 4:46:54 PM

Jim is a really nice guy too... I have a couple flywear t-shirts from a couple tournaments he helped at. Its nice to see local people trying to make disc golf stuff for us!
rangel
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2008 8:18:03 AM

Liz,
Does that mean the backorder shirts are ready?