Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Grand Opening of Fairfield Disc Golf Shop Options
disc golfer girl
Posted: Sunday, May 18, 2008 10:56:04 AM

Hello All, I just wanted to let everyone know that effective today Sunday May 18th, we now have a disc golf shop up and running. We have Innova, Discraft, and Lightning Products available. We will also be making custom t-shirts in the upcoming weeks. Stop down and see us at 4820 Holiday Dr in Fairfiled.
We are just 3.1 miles from Harbin Park. When exiting the park turn L onto Pleasant Ave and go 2.2 miles (aprox 6 lights) to Right on Magie Ave and go 0.9 miles to stop sign and look right. You are there.

We hope to see you all down there.
disc golfer girl
Posted: Sunday, May 18, 2008 10:56:43 AM

Also the hours this week through Saturday will be 10 am - 8 pm daily!!
Dellahyam
Posted: Sunday, May 18, 2008 9:00:28 PM

Ill be there tomorrow before work at 5pm
disc golfer girl
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2008 12:15:43 AM

Cool. we look forward to seeing you. :)
EXMONEY@HARBIN
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2008 11:08:03 AM

There is a God, and its a women! I have always (about 4 years) been thinking about how well a disc golf shop would work in the fairfield area, since there are so many courses around, and absolutley no disc shops. So now we will finally get to see how well it works out. I live like 1 mile from your shop, on st. clair, and i cant wait to stop by tonight if i have time(im playing at Mt. Airy at 5) so i should have time. I cant wait to come see the new store, and contribute to the growing of this sport in our area! So the store is open all week until 8? And if you dont mind me asking, do you play disc golf yourself, or does your husband? And is the store dedictated entirely to disc golf, or does it have other stuff? WHats the name of the store?
PaulDmt
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 7:27:37 AM

Woohoo! A disc golf store on the north side... Not that I NEED any more plastic. At least it'll give golfers up this way an out from either overpriced Ameristops or Dicks.
EXMONEY@HARBIN
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 10:49:21 AM

I drove by that whole area last night, and i couldnt find anything that had to do with frisbee golf, and i am very familiar with the area. So if you get back on here disc golfer girl, let me know where exactly it is, id love to buy some plastics from a hometown store. Im sure it has to be right there by the barber shop, but i couldnt find it anywhere.
Dellahyam
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 2:55:14 PM

Like she said turn left on Right on Magie from Pleasant. Then take Magie to the stop sign. Turn right at the stop sign the Right away look left. Its a little shop on the back of a building Two windows and a door, has a grand opening sign in the window. Theres no store name sign, at least not last night

Drove by yesterday but couldnt stop. had to get to work. might stop tonight
EXMONEY@HARBIN
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 3:00:24 PM

Cool, Thanks DELLAHYAM... She could get a lot of support from this site if she would come on every once in a while and checkup. But hey, im not going to keep beating the bush, she did open a store in the northside, i cant ask for much more...
disc golfer girl
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 10:02:31 PM

Sorry that you had so much trouble finding us. We will have store name up soon. By the way it is Sweetees Disc Golf. We hope to have shirts by the weekend. We have a logo that my uncle designed and it is sooo awesome. We are very excited. We hope to have everyone stop by. Even if you just drop in to say hi and give us your mailing info, you will be registered to win our door prize at the end of the week. Saturday will be our drawing.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 11:08:04 PM

Paul, FYI most of the golf discs sold at the convenient stores sell discs for MSRP except for dx plastic. We can't help it if the disc manufacturers are making all the profits and we have to fight for scraps. Good luck Sweetees Disc Golf.
EXMONEY@HARBIN
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 10:58:40 AM

Went by the store last night. Its still in the beginning phase, but i believe its going to be a great place to buy all your equipment, and very friendly family that owns it!!! Hey disc golfer girl, keep up with this site and let us know about specials and sales and all that good stuff, i think you guys will get a lot of business through this website!!! I for one found you guys through this website, and i would have never known there was a store 1 mile from my house, if i wasnt on here. And get workin on those shirts, im excited to pick one up and be an advertisement for your new company...
disc golfer girl
Posted: Thursday, May 22, 2008 6:35:09 PM

Thanks for the good wishes Fred. We hope to do well. Also Ex Money we have some new items coming in by Tuesday so stop back and see us. We hope to have the shirts by Saturday. The weekend will definately free up more time for all things disc golf. :)
EXMONEY@HARBIN
Posted: Friday, May 23, 2008 1:40:05 PM

Is your Dad going to let you stay open this sunday? If so, let me know i will stop in. I am busy all weekend, but i think i will have time Sunday to stop in and purchase a shirt! Also, let me know if the shirts wont hit the shelves by sunday, then ill just come in Tuesday evening!
disc golfer girl
Posted: Friday, May 23, 2008 10:30:11 PM

We are actually finshing up shirts and towels. I think we will be open on Sunday for a few hours. WE may even try for some time on Monday afternoon. We have really enjoyed meeting everyone that has been stopping by the last few days. We thank everyone who has helped to kick off our very first week. Also tomorrow we will be drawing a name for our Grand Opening Drawing. I will post the winner on here tomorrow evening.
EXMONEY@HARBIN
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 3:12:22 PM

Did you draw a name yet? Im excited to hear who it is. ANd have you gotten any bags in yet?
scampionh
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 4:00:36 PM

I think the name was dustin thompson.....
disc golfer girl
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2008 12:33:18 PM

yes Dustin Thompson was our winner. He has stopped in and picked up his prize. A Nate Doss Avenger from Discraft. Also yes we have bags in and can order the more premium bags and they are coming in within 2-3 days. We have had t shirts out but are going throught them pretty quick when we get them printed. We are going to a more formal printer in the next few weeks to mass produce logo on the shirts.
Discgolfkid
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2008 2:26:06 PM

I am really bothered by the fact that I've drove by twice now, and I haven't been able to find this store, despite thoroughly reading the directions given on this board. Is there some secret way to get there I'm not taking, or what? I really hope that a sign gets put up soon; maybe I will be able to finally find this disc golf shop!
EXMONEY@HARBIN
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2008 2:52:50 PM

I too had a lot of trouble finding it at first, but now i know where it is and might be able to help you. If you are going down Pleasent Ave. and take a right on to MAgie ave. And then you come to a four way stop(about 1/4 to 1/2 mile down Magie Ave.) Take a RIGHT at the four way stop(i was going straight and looking at all the stores to the right, like GArys guns, and a hair salon but thats not the right way) You want to make a right at that four way stop(before you get to Garys Guns) and look left, and youll see a disc golf basket right there on the left, thats the store. Its not very easy to see, but once you go in there, youll want to keep going back, Hanks an awesome dude!!! And so is his Family, so support them in every way you can, and maybe well all get the wish of a nice new SWEETEES! sign... GOOD LUCK

T.J.
disc golfer girl
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 6:44:02 PM

I apologize that you have had such trouble finding the location. We truly hope to have a sign soon as well. There are some pretty strict rules for signage in the Fairfield area and we are waiting for them to come out to our place and let us know what we can post. I did want to let everyone know we will have some new product in by the weekend so if you have not already stopped in, please take the time to stop in and see us. Also feel free to call us with any questions or requests 513-348-0254. We are trying to make sure and keep product in that everyone is asking for.
DISCfunctional
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 10:23:35 PM

I am in total support of you all and the shop and have even sent my buddy there to buy his bag and some plastic, however I do have a bone to pick with you. I would suggest rather than leaving a ton of flyers on the teesigns at monroe park for the kids to throw all over and to fly around the park not too mention being soaked by the rain. How about sponsering a tee sign out there instead. It very inexpensive and will save me alot of time picking them up all over the park. Might I suggest hole 2 for your sign, the visiblity at hole 2 is great and next to the benches where a lot of moms and dads sit to watch there kids play on the playground.

That also goes for whoever taped "discs now avalible at ameristop" on the tee post of holes 1 and 2. Its very tacky looking and it isnt fair to the people who pay to sponser tee signs out there.
disc golfer girl
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2008 11:54:03 AM

I am sorry about the disturbance with the flyers. We did not intend for them to be sitting there for very long. We did not want to permantlly wrap stuff onto the tees as others have done. We are very interested in sponsoring a tee sign. My dad is responsible for every sponsored tee sign at Harbin Park and is familair with that process. Please call my dad at 348-0254 and let him know what the cost would be for that. He will work that out with you. Thanks, Kindra
disc golfer girl
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2008 11:02:32 PM

Our new shipment of Innova and Discraft discs did arrive today. We have a really nice selection and hope to see everyone down at the shop.
Dellahyam
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 9:40:55 AM

Ahhhhhhhh, Stopped by yesterday and you were Closed! dumb