Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

xcaliber Options
agentdozzer
Posted: Saturday, June 07, 2008 3:27:08 PM

I just bought a xcailiber for windy conditions, after trying it out i hate it. Dont know what the deal is it wasnt windy but i couldnt get the disc to fly over 300 feet. I throw my sl 360 to 400 but the xcaliber was just falling right out of the sky. I will give it a few more trys but it might not stay in the bag to long. Any body had similar problems or a idea what im doing wrong. I know its not a beginners disc, i can get it to spin its flying straight just no d.dumb
EXMONEY@HARBIN
Posted: Sunday, June 08, 2008 11:19:05 AM

My buddy is sort of having the same problem with it. We decided it was too heavy of a disc(175 grams) so it wouldnt stay off the ground. We throw max weight for most discs but these seem real heavy at 175. Id like to snag one at 172 weight and see how that flies. What weight did you buy?
agentdozzer
Posted: Sunday, June 08, 2008 3:10:47 PM

i bought 175 like you i get the highest the store has, yeah it does want to stick to the ground. It works well for my side arm shots but no distance i dont throw side arm for distance so its all good for that.
Kool Keith
Posted: Sunday, June 08, 2008 4:53:51 PM

There is a HUGE difference in Starfire L (SL) and an XCaliber. Anything faster than a Wraith is good for 2 things - people that can throw 425 ft with a Teebird, and people who have more money than sense. In your case, an XCaliber is only good for seperating your money from your wallet.

If you can get 400 with an SL, but want something more stable for windy conditions, then get a Champ Starfire (SX). Or, if it's too windy, don't even try to throw big D, concentrate on accuracy.

agentdozzer
Posted: Sunday, June 08, 2008 9:57:59 PM

Thanks yeah i wouldnt of bought it but i had a gift card from a ctp at the gulley course challenge. I do like it for side arm was throwing it today and it worked great for right turns really helped on a few holes at idle wild ie the throw before putting on six and second throw on two. Wont be a off the tee driver its designed to be for me anyway.
EXMONEY@HARBIN
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2008 9:57:19 AM

I wouldnt go as far as saying your waisting your money buying one. I would just think a lighter weight would have helped. I believe its a very useful disc for those holes where your teeing off in woods, and you are trying to get it out of the woods into the open. Or if you have any sort of hyzer out of woods, i believe it would be useful. And also like AGENTDOZZER said, it good for forehand shoots, which my buddy who has one, has came to find out to! So i wouldnt say it would be useless, just not something to buy if your looking for an everyday driver!
osu_buckeyes
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2008 8:02:43 PM

I don't really have much of a problem with mine. I get pretty good D out of it, but usually I just use it into headwind or holes where I really want to hyzer, not necesarrily for max distance. For pure D I use a max weight first run Destroyer so that I can get a nice distance line out of it.
EXMONEY@HARBIN
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 11:18:42 AM

Im on the same boat OSU BUCKEYES(GO BLUE) i use my First Run Destroyer to, on most headwind holes, as long as if there is a little room for the "s" curve!