PRO OPEN MEN - $55.00
PRO MASTER - $45.00
PRO GRANDMASTER $45.00
PRO WOMEN - $40.00 
ADVANCED - $35.00

INTERMEDIATE- $35.00

Must Have 4 To Open a Division

PIZZA & SOFT DRINK LUNCH, AT THE COURSE, IS INCLUDED WITH ALL ENTRY FEES

PREREGISTERED AM PLAYERS RECEIVE IDLEWILD DISC GOLF COURSE WATER BOTTLE AS PLAYERS PACK.

CHECK IN AT SHELTER BY HOLE #3 TEE ~ 7:00AM to 8:15AM
PLAYERS MEETING AT 8:30 AM, TEE OFF AT 9:00 AM

SEND ENTRY FEES WITH: NAME, PDGA #, DIVISION, ADDRESS, PHONE # AND EMAIL
Payable To: Disc-n-tucky,695 Triple Lake Drive Crescent Springs, Ky 41017
or
PREREGISTRATION IS ALSO AVAILABLE VIA PAYPAL AT WWW.IDLEWILDDISCGOLF.COM

SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE, PLEASE EMAIL IDLEWILDDISCGOLF@GMAIL.COM FOR INFORMATION.  THANKS FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION.

EXMONEY@HARBIN
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 4:01:08 PM

So you cant get in this tourny unless your a PDGA member?
KevinB
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 4:14:32 PM

I apologize for the misprint.

You can get in, however, if not a current PDGA member you must add an additional $10 with your entry fee. This is new PDGA rule. It used to be $5, but has since been raised to $10.
I forgot to add text back, after deleting it to edit.

Thank you.
KevinB
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2008 10:18:57 AM

Please note change for Kentucky State Single Championships. First round will be from short tees & baskets, with the second round being from the long tees & baskets. Preregistration is now up at www.IdlewildDiscGolf.com
LStephens
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2008 10:47:45 AM

targets? we have devolved to targets? You hit a target and you are in...you hit chains on a basket and you may or may not be in. :)

Looks like I'll be working 12 hour days 6-7 days a week even around Kentucky States...but yesterday I put in a vacation day to play this tournament....now if I can get some practice time in.
KevinB
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2008 2:56:54 PM

Baskets...I apologize. Baskets it is. Whatever I can do, to try and keep people happy.
Rob J
Posted: Friday, June 20, 2008 11:57:05 AM

KevinB wrote:
Whatever I can do, to try and keep people happy.

how about a late fee for those who don't pre-register? (to keep you and Fred as TD's happy)

you can have all the pre-registered players do a CTP throw-off for the late fee pot in front of those who waited to the last day!
that would make me happy thumbsup
EXMONEY@HARBIN
Posted: Friday, June 20, 2008 1:45:24 PM

Not to be an a-hole or anything, but this is my first tourny ive played in. Why is the AM player packs just come with one water bottle? Isnt there usual a better players pack at tournys? I now this sounds like im being stuck up, but im going to pay 45.00 and get just a water bottle and two rounds of golf, and a lunch. Hey dont get me wrong im still going to go and enjoy myself, and i know the people that put these tournys on, dont get much in return either, but i was just curious. Sorry if the TD take offense to this, there is definetly no pun intended!
finnhawc
Posted: Friday, June 20, 2008 3:11:06 PM

Players packs usually are just one disc and often aren't seen at B tier(some local exceptions) and below. $45? Are you playing Pro Masters in your first tourney? Try advanced at $35.
EXMONEY@HARBIN
Posted: Friday, June 20, 2008 3:24:24 PM

yea 35.00 plus 10.00 because im not a current PDGA member. So im at 47.00 to be exact because i registered in AM.
Ben Shooner
Posted: Friday, June 20, 2008 3:29:07 PM

EXMONEY@HARBIN wrote:
Not to be an a-hole or anything, but this is my first tourny ive played in. Why is the AM player packs just come with one water bottle? Isnt there usual a better players pack at tournys? I now this sounds like im being stuck up, but im going to pay 45.00 and get just a water bottle and two rounds of golf, and a lunch. Hey dont get me wrong im still going to go and enjoy myself, and i know the people that put these tournys on, dont get much in return either, but i was just curious. Sorry if the TD take offense to this, there is definetly no pun intended!

All tourneys are a little different in how the entry fee/payout structure is handled. Some have better players packs, some deeper and better payouts, a paid lunch is pretty rare. Some tend to be more pro-centric...some are more am-centric. It really depends on the TD and how they want to run their tournament. This lattitude makes all tourneys unique-which is pretty cool.

But this variation means that people will ALWAYS have something to complain about - mainly when the payout structure does not favor them or their division.
KevinB
Posted: Friday, June 20, 2008 3:47:33 PM

EXMONEY@HARBIN wrote:
Not to be an a-hole or anything, but this is my first tourny ive played in. Why is the AM player packs just come with one water bottle? Isnt there usual a better players pack at tournys?

Good question. 
Are their better players packs at tournaments?  Sure.  However, I have been to tournaments where the players pack was very nice and I've been to tournaments where the players pack was nonexsistent.  I have often received discs as part of a players pack that I didn't throw or need.  So, I thought a custom stamped poly-pure pete water bottle would make a neat thing to give away as a players pack, seeing that the majority of folks I know have a beverage bottle holder on their bags.  I'm continuing to solicit additional items to include in the players pack, but as of now that is what I have.  If you know a sponsor that would like to contribute something, be it material item or coupon, feel free to have them get in touch with me at idlewilddiscgolf@gmail.com

Quote:
i now this sounds like im being stuck up, but im going to pay 45.00 and get just a water bottle and two rounds of golf, and a lunch. Hey dont get me wrong im still going to go and enjoy myself, and i know the people that put these tournys on, dont get much in return either, but i was just curious. Sorry if the TD take offense to this, there is definetly no pun intended!

The AM entry fee is $35.  Correct, that includes a water bottle (hope to add to that), two rounds of competitive disc golf, and lunch at the course.    Part of your entry fee also goes to the PDGA and tournament expenses.
I can only speak for myself, but the return I get by helping to put on a tournament is the satisfaction of knowing I'm giving back to and promoting the sport I like to play.  Sure that sounds goofy, but that is it for me.  I doubt I will ever be the caliber of player to consistently win anything, so I enjoy this aspect of it. 
You are right in the sense that TDs likely don't get much back in return, it is a lot of work.  Luckily, this region has folks that give up a lot of their free time to put on an event that people like you can take part in.

No offense taken.
andersab
Posted: Friday, June 20, 2008 10:35:56 PM

Rob J wrote:

that would make me happy thumbsup

Just out of curiosity why does it matter to a player if other players pre-reg?  I know some people like the smack talk (especially when I sign-up for REC laugh )

In case anyone is wondering, Rob's not a trash talker... that is why I am wondering... is this now in your game tomatoes he he
KevinB
Posted: Monday, June 23, 2008 1:49:22 PM

*Please note:  Recreational Division has been added to the Kentucky State Single Championships at Idleiwild.  Registration fee is $30 and will include player pack.
Thank you.*

2008 KENTUCKY STATE DISC GOLF CHAMPIONSHIPS

SINGLES AT IDLEWILD – Saturday, JULY 5, 2008

PDGA Sanctioned B Tier

$500.00 ADDED TO PRO PURSE

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

TWO ROUNDS at IDLEWILD DISC GOLF COURSE
First Round From The Short Tees & Baskets
Second Round From The Long Tees & Baskets

Field Limited To 72 Players
MUST BE A CURRENT PDGA MEMBER OR PAY ADDITIONAL $10 NON-MEMBER FEE

PREREGISTRATION AT WWW.IDLEWILDDISCGOLF.COM  IS ENCOURAGED

ENTRY FEES:
PRO OPEN MEN - $55.00
PRO MASTER - $45.00
PRO GRANDMASTER $45.00
PRO WOMEN - $40.00 
ADVANCED - $35.00

INTERMEDIATE- $35.00
RECREATIONAL-$30.00

Must Have 4 To Open a Division

PIZZA & SOFT DRINK LUNCH, AT THE COURSE, IS INCLUDED WITH ALL ENTRY FEES

PREREGISTERED AM PLAYERS RECEIVE IDLEWILD DISC GOLF COURSE WATER BOTTLE AS PLAYERS PACK.

CHECK IN AT SHELTER BY HOLE #3 TEE ~ 7:00AM to 8:15AM
PLAYERS MEETING AT 8:30 AM, TEE OFF AT 9:00 AM

SEND ENTRY FEES WITH: NAME, PDGA #, DIVISION, ADDRESS, PHONE # AND EMAIL
Payable To: Disc-n-tucky,695 Triple Lake Drive Crescent Springs, Ky 41017
or
PREREGISTRATION IS ALSO AVAILABLE VIA PAYPAL AT WWW.IDLEWILDDISCGOLF.COM

SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE, PLEASE EMAIL IDLEWILDDISCGOLF@GMAIL.COM FOR INFORMATION.  THANKS FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION.

EXMONEY@HARBIN
Posted: Monday, June 23, 2008 2:48:50 PM

So is there a way to find out who registered in each division? Sorry if im a pain in the ars, this will just be my first tourny and im rather excited! Even though i went and played idlewaild over the weekend, and it ate my lunch!!!
andersab
Posted: Monday, June 23, 2008 3:26:47 PM

EXMONEY@HARBIN wrote:
So is there a way to find out who registered in each division? Sorry if im a pain in the ars, this will just be my first tourny and im rather excited! Even though i went and played idlewaild over the weekend, and it ate my lunch!!!

Typically you can see who is playing by looking it up on the PDGA site...

Here is where it would be for this tourney...
http://www.pdga.com/schedule/event.php?TournID=7444
Rob J
Posted: Monday, June 23, 2008 11:11:37 PM

andersab wrote:

Just out of curiosity why does it matter to a player if other players pre-reg?  I know some people like the smack talk (especially when I sign-up for REC laugh )

In case anyone is wondering, Rob's not a trash talker... that is why I am wondering... is this now in your game tomatoes he he

thanks for asking...    there is a lot on the plate of the good folks  running an event (in this case Kevin and Fred).  It makes it so much easier for the TD's when participants pre-register.  Otherwise you are filling out board cards at the last minute, have no idea how many participants will be in each division (payout and group size and course dispersion issues).  You also don't have fre time to talk to players, make last minute course fixes, catch a breath, etc.  It makes the PDGA online scoring and electronic TD report the PDGA wants easier to get done too because you can have the names and PDGA numbers already entered as well as other necessary data. 

annouce long-story short:pre-registering makes the job of those running the tournament a lot easier.  if at all possible, please pre-register
Rob J
Posted: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 7:04:08 PM

after having said that  bury  i guess i better pre-register, huh? juggle
LStephens
Posted: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 11:53:55 PM

I'll eventually pre-register..but I'd like to see where other people are playing. I've been working 12-hour days 6-7 days a week and have only shot about 3 full rounds in the last 3 weeks. I played Idlewild today and was winded by hole 14. The hard concrete floors and long hours have my legs beat down to nothing. I see only Eric Simpson registered on the PDGA page.
KevinB
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 1:51:42 AM

Thanks to Anthony Giesting, Eric Simpson & Nick Engle for preregistering for 2008 Kentucky State Singles.

Can you think of a better way to spend the day, the night after celebrating the independence of the United States, than playing two rounds at Idlewild?
Don't answer that!

Advanced Masters and Grandmasters has been added.

Preregistration is available at www.IdlewildDiscGolf.com
KevinB
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 4:48:19 PM

You can see the Idlewild Bottle that is part of the player's pack at www.IdlewildDiscGolf.com.

I wasn't going to solicit personal hole sponsors because I know times are tight, however, if you would like to sponsor a hole there is now a donate button up on the site. With a $10 sponsorship you get a bottle.
Thank you.
Rob J
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 10:44:05 PM

nice water bottle Kevin!

finnhawc
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 11:24:18 PM

flppin sweet!
EXMONEY@HARBIN
Posted: Thursday, June 26, 2008 10:16:40 AM

So is this not usually a very big tournament tournout as far as people? You would think that since its the Kentucky State singles, more people would have registered. Maybe its because the Duece or Die is that next morning, or because its the fourth of July weekend? Im just curious. And btw, i like the water bottle, it will be a nice addition to have instead of paying 1.25 for a bottle of water everytime i go out on the course!!
finnhawc
Posted: Thursday, June 26, 2008 11:40:17 AM

There were 55 players last year. Idlewild scares away some folks.