Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Old English Golf Course Options
Russell#26401
Posted: Monday, June 23, 2008 10:18:37 AM

Hey disc golfers, I played this course yesterday and can't say enough about it. This is a Ball Golf course that has added Disc Golf. The Course was laid out by Dave Greenwell of Louisville. It is unlike anything I have played to date. You play along side of golfers and they are as tickled as I was. I play ball golf also and have never been treated so well. At least 15 groups let us pass just so they could see us play. There is a driving range before hole 1 to warm up on. You ride a golf cart. There is a clubhouse to buy drinks and food, yes they have beer. All I can say is go check it out for yourself!!!! Not to mention the people who run this course are so kind. We even received a voucher for a free round if we bring 3 paying players. This place is Disc Golf heaven! It costs $20 to play and is worth every penny. Just make sure you bring extra discs with you, I lost 3. If you go off the fairways it is probably gone. The rough is at least 6 feet high. There are many holes where water comes into play, large elevation changes, sand traps, and plenty of O.B.'s. There are also 5 different tee positions for all skill levels. I played the black which was incredibly hard. This is the best of the best!!!!! So take your friends and show these people just how big Disc Golf is!!! Also they are planning on having a number of tournaments here in the future, so show them that we support this by going to play a round or two.
Here is a link to thee website: http://www.oldenglishgolf.com/
It is about 10 minutes off of I-64 and easy to find!!!!!!!

Russell Gore #26401