Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

August club meeting Options
Liz
Posted: Thursday, July 03, 2008 3:49:42 PM

The August club meeting is tentatively scheduled for August 11th, which is during PDGA Pro and Am Worlds, would anyone object to moving the meeting to August 4th?  Anyone have a suggestion for a place? 
T_Vincent
Posted: Thursday, July 03, 2008 10:43:53 PM

I have No problem. During a few of the previus meetings, the idea of Florence Y'all was brought up. Just an idea.
Lingo1976
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2008 2:48:26 AM

Can I throw in a vote for the patio at Barleycorn's Five Mile House?
Liz
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2008 7:53:02 AM

Jason, if you want to coordinate it, please go ahead - the meeting will be Monday, August 4th at 7:00 pm, if you can secure a spot for us (that will be conducive to having a meeting). Let me know if you're interested.
KevinB
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2008 2:17:54 PM

Florence Y'all Gyros & Wings has something already scheduled for the next few Mondays in their side room.
Lingo1976
Posted: Friday, July 18, 2008 11:40:00 PM

I am going to be in DC til' the 25th so I'm not sure if I can get it lined up or not. I can try when I get back though. They have a huge patio and the upstairs that never gets used so I can't see it being a problem.

If someone else wants to check into it that would be cool. If not let me know and I will when I get back.

(anyone ever played Calvert Road Park outside of DC? My hotel is about 4 blocks away!!!!!! Weeeeeehew)

J-son
Liz
Posted: Tuesday, July 22, 2008 10:43:13 PM

I would prefer to have the club meetings somewhere centrally located - say Blue Ash area - I'm sure there is some restaurant that has the space to accomodate us, if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.
Liz
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2008 9:19:35 AM

I'm still in need of some suggestions for the club meeting on Monday, August 4th, if anyone has anything in mind, please let me know, I will try to make a decision and post on here by mid-week.
STEVO
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2008 3:31:47 PM

What about the Norwood LaRosa's that was used a few months ago?  That seemed pretty centrally located.
Liz
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2008 3:55:13 PM

Thanks for the suggestion Steve, I think the main problem we run into is that we need a separate area in order to facilitate a good meeting (we aren't distracting other customers, etc).

So - someone suggested the Blue Goose Sports Bar, they have a separate seating area that can accomodate up to 35 people and are willing to seperate the checks and the prices I hear are very reasonable - so, there is it - Monday, August 4th @ 7:00 at the Blue Goose - 11060 Reading Rd - Sharonville. The lady I spoke to on the phone says she has been playing disc golf for about 2 years, so this may be a good find, we'll see.
Liz
Posted: Sunday, August 03, 2008 7:48:14 PM

Reminder - tomorrow night is the August club meeting at the Blue Goose, hope to see a good showing. 7:00 pm.
Lingo1976
Posted: Monday, August 04, 2008 1:50:01 AM

I'm heading to Lake Cumberland either Monday or Tuesday not sure which one. However, if I don't leave til' Tuesday I will be there.

I wonder if the Blue Goose bar you are talking of has BLUE MOON and a GOOSE ISLAND BEER on tap? They could do half n half like a BlacknTan but call it a BLUE GOOSE..........marketing genius I tell ya.

I still think we need to have a meeting back in the KY soon. The past few have been kinda a haul. And Sharonville definately isn't helping lol.......

J-son
andersab
Posted: Monday, August 04, 2008 8:34:47 AM

Lingo1976 wrote:
I still think we need to have a meeting back in the KY soon. The past few have been kinda a haul. And Sharonville definately isn't helping lol....... J-son

Step-up and organize it.
Lingo1976
Posted: Saturday, August 09, 2008 2:40:21 AM

Sorry I couldn't make the meeting. I was doin too much campin and boatin in Cumberland. Is it possible to get the minutes from the meeting?

J-son

"Time flies, when you're young and jerkin off!!!"
PaulDmt
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2008 7:22:24 AM

Something to consdier: when a meeting is moved to an earlier date, those of us who expect it on the second monday don't even know that we should be looking at the message board. Moving it further into the future has the benefit that someone checks the message board expecting to find directions and would then find out that the meeting has been rescheduled. and before someone says "You should check the message board more often" and all that, I really don't want to be on the computer much outside of work right now, so yes in a sense it's my own doing. Simply throwing out a suggestion. console