Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Williamsburg Options
alex.e
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 7:08:48 PM

For now we need to focus on improving the existing course. Any changes would be long, time consuming and require man power.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 7:18:51 PM

yea steps for the hill and new baskets for the outer holes should be first but there are things that could be done like there are several holes that could get longer basket locations without doing much work hole 1 could get one long and right of the original the uphill hole could get one and a lot the clearing for that was done earlier this year 16 could have a long basket with a little clearing work done
Troy
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 7:36:31 AM

Longer holes isn't always better. Yes, holes 2, 3 and 4 are easier but what we can do short term is make them into island holes during tourneys (Including league nights). This will place emphasis on accuracy until we come up with another plan. Any changes (Pin placements) have to be approved by Williamsburg.
NatiBuckeye
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 11:01:20 AM

^I couldn't agree more Troy. Not every course needs to be long or have wooded tunnel fairways. Maybe using a strategy similar to the gold rope at Winthrop would work. I am sure you could get a ton of rope and stakes for next to nothing.
Troy
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 11:16:38 AM

NatiBuckeye wrote:
^I couldn't agree more Troy. Not every course needs to be long or have wooded tunnel fairways. Maybe using a strategy similar to the gold rope at Winthrop would work. I am sure you could get a ton of rope and stakes for next to nothing.

Excellent idea sir!!!!!!
alex.e
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 11:22:31 AM

My main reason for relocating 2-4 is the space. That part of the park should be available for other patrons. For those of us who play that course weekly there are plenty of times where kids are practicing sports in that area. My secondary reason would be ugliness of the wide item holes enclosed by a walking track.
alex.e
Posted: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 12:49:42 AM

The downed tree blocking the fairway on hole 11 has been cleared.
Troy
Posted: Sunday, June 01, 2014 6:11:17 PM

I am planning on a work day next Sunday (June 8th) starting at 11:00 am and then playing a round of doubles afterwards. Anyone interested please call or text me at 513-608-4189. Weed eaters and saws needed or if anyone wants to walk the course and pick up garbage would be awesome.