Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

2008 Kentucky State Doubles Championships Options
KevinB
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 2:20:08 AM

Here is the Innova CFR disc for the Kentucky State Doubles Championships.

Kentucky State CFR Champion Destroyer

The disc, which is part of Innova's Candy Fundraising Program (CFR), is a Champion Destroyer.  The Destroyer comes with a Certificate of Authenticity.  The bottom of that certificate can be mailed in to Innova, by the purchaser, to be entered into monthly sponsor reward drawings.  Rewards that will be given away include: DISCatcher targets, Innova merchandise, and a Sponsor's Exemption to compete in the 2008 United States Disc Golf Championships in Rock Hill, SC.  More information on the rewards program can be found here.

In addition to Innova's Sponsor Reward drawing, you will entered into a Kentucky State Tournament sponsor drawing as well, to be held at 2008 Kentucky State Doubles Championships at Idlewild on September 27th.  You will not have to be present to win and the winner will receive a prize package from The Nati Disc Golf.

The Kentucky State Championships CFR Champion Destroyer is available for $20, in person, through Fred Salaz.  Fred runs the Tuesday night ace fund, which tees off at 6pm every Tuesday at a local course, or you can contact him at: salazf(at)fuse.net.

If you are not local to the Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati area or can't hook up with Fred, but would like to sponsor the Kentucky State Championships by purchasing the Idlewild stamped Champion Destroyer, you can do so at www.IdlewildDiscGolf.com via PayPal for $30 (which includes PayPal fee and shipping) and we will ship it to you.

Stay tuned to this thread and www.IdlewildDiscGolf.com for upcoming preregistration information for the 2008 Kentucky State Doubles Championships at Idlewild, on September 27th.

KevinB
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2008 11:33:45 PM

Still good colors available.
KevinB
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2008 12:34:22 AM

2008 Kentucky State Doubles Championships

at

Idlewild Disc Golf Course in Burlington, Kentucky

Saturday, September 27th  PDGA Sanctioned B Tier

Bring Your Own Partner For Two Rounds From Idlewild Long Tees & Baskets

$500 Added Cash

Field Limited To 36 Teams

Entry Fees, Which Include Lunch At The Course Are: 

• Open ~ $100 per team
  • Open Women ~ $100 per team
  • Open Masters ~ $100 per team
  • Advanced ~ $60 per team
  • Advanced Women ~ $60 per team
  • Advanced Masters ~ $60 per team
  • Intermediate ~ $60 per team
  • If not a current member of the PDGA there is an additional $10 charge per player.  It is a non-member fee the PDGA collects from the TD.

This Event is Preregistration Only

Preregister via PayPal at www.IdlewildDiscGolf.com, or in person with Fred Salaz at the local Cincinnati region Tuesday night Ace Fund, or mail check or money order made payable to: Discntucky, 695 Triple Lake Drive, Crescent Springs, KY 41017.

All preregistered players will receive a custom stamped Idlewild Disc Golf Course resuable beverage bottle, with AMs receiving an additional players pack.

Preregistration Deadline Is 10:00pm (EST) Thursday, September 25th. 

There will be no late registrations or sign-ups the morning of tournament, all teams must register before the deadline or they will not play in this event.

Check-In Will Take Place By Shelter Number Three From 7:30am to 8:20am.  Players Meeting At 8:30am.  Tee-Off At 9:00am.

Sponsorship Opportunities Still Available.  Contact Us At:  IdlewildDiscGolf@gmail.com

Doubles At Idlewild......Love It!

Fred Salaz
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2008 12:37:51 PM

In order to try to attract more players I am opening up a masters division for pro and am for the Ky State Doubles. Same entry fees apply.

Also the ball golf disc golf challenge is scheduled for Friday September 26 at Boone Links. I'll be looking for 5 disc golfers(I'm already in)to participate in this fun event. This year it will be two, three man teams of best shot. Post here or shoot me an email(salazf@fuse.net)if you qualify and are interested. Qualifications: Throw over 450 ft.
2Timer
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2008 3:18:58 PM

Hey Fred, I was just at the site. Is it true that the Pay-Pal fee is less for the Am division? I guess the Ams really do get all the breaks. LOL!
DanH
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2008 3:28:54 PM

Paypal charges a small flat fee + a percentage of the transaction.  So a higher entry fee = a higher Paypal fee.  Unless you want the Ams to subsidize your entry fee as well as your payout?  laugh
KevinB
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2008 8:06:59 PM

DanH wrote:
Paypal charges a small flat fee + a percentage of the transaction.  So a higher entry fee = a higher Paypal fee. 

Dan has this correct. 

The extra change from the PayPal fee is put into preregistered players divisions.
Rob J
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 12:00:31 AM

Fred Salaz wrote:
In order to try to attract more players I am opening up a masters division for pro and am for the Ky State Doubles. Same entry fees apply. Also the ball golf disc golf challenge is scheduled for Friday September 26 at Boone Links. I'll be looking for 5 disc golfers(I'm already in)to participate in this fun event. This year it will be two, three man teams of best shot. Post here or shoot me an email(salazf@fuse.net)if you qualify and are interested. Qualifications: Throw over 450 ft.

You realize that three man teams play in favor of the ball golfers (three putts at it)?  Don't let them make you play from the long tees...  Guess there is nothing wrong with showing some love to the sponsor though ;-)  Does that make you and Bob Herbert (and maybe Jerry Gotcher) so far?  Tyler and Brad and Matt would make a great team.  Any chance Lavone and Deano will make it?  I'd love to watch, but could only get Saturday off that week.   Hopefully someone there will video it for future airing on U-tube ...
2Timer
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 9:00:12 AM

I can play Fred......just let me know so I can get the day off.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 10:05:40 AM

Ok Dave, you're in. Friday September 26, 3:00.  I wouldn't mind having an advanced player in if they qualify. I will draw for the spot from all qualified advanced entries. Rob, Jerry can't come and I'm looking for new players to participate, this time.
Rob J
Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 10:11:09 PM

The flyer on the front page shows Intermediate and Advanced as options this year, but doesn't show Pro Masters will be offered as a division in addition to Open Pro ...
Rob J
Posted: Monday, September 01, 2008 1:02:05 PM

Fred, do you have an update on who will be the disc golfers in the disc golf vs. ball golf challenge? Also, Kevin the website still only enables Pro, Advanced, or Intermediate as pre-registration options. I know Fred didn't open it up to Masters until after you set up the webpage, but in the interest of attracting Pro Masters who might not otherwise participate you might want to fix that and the flyer ...

I talked to many Indy players who'd like come to events at Idlewild (The Masters, The States) but they always seem to coincide with event dates on the Indiana Series...

KevinB
Posted: Tuesday, September 02, 2008 11:31:03 AM

Preregistration options are updated.

Come two, come y'all to the Kentucky State Doubles Championships at Idlewild on Saturday, September 27th.

I'll get the teams that are already in up later today, hopefully.
Sorry, my mind has been in Louisiana.
matthew_blakely
Posted: Thursday, September 04, 2008 9:56:04 PM

I think the returning champs will be back. I will pay online soon. I would be interested in playing on the ball golf course if you guys are interested in having me. I will actually be off work as long as the vacation day goes through.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Friday, September 05, 2008 5:11:39 AM

Good, I was going to call you when I get back. Can you email me Tyler's number if he's planning on playing Ky States.
Rob J
Posted: Sunday, September 07, 2008 8:42:03 AM

Doubles at Idlewild -- twice the fun and half the pressure thumbsup
jeremy
Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 8:17:01 AM

Jesse "Butter" Reid and Jeremy "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" Watts, aka "Team Parkay", will be there. laugh

KevinB
Posted: Friday, September 12, 2008 7:45:08 PM

Teams are starting to file in now.  Check out the competition here.
jeremy
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 3:49:00 PM

annouce All the PROS must be SCARED of Team Parkay and the Home Boyz!!! 

Where's everybody at!?  It's just ten days till go time!
KevinB
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 8:42:45 PM

For all in the know, circa 80's...The Burrito Brothers are flying again.

2008 Kentucky State Doubles at Idlewild.
This tournament is preregistration only, do so at www.IdlewildDiscGolf.com
Fred Salaz
Posted: Thursday, September 18, 2008 1:22:38 PM

The golf/disc golf challenge is going to have to be rescheduled because Mark Goetz(Edgewood Electric sponsor) can not make it next Friday. He still wants to do it but can't next week. I will post new date when I get it from him.

Instead we will have a singles challenge at Idlewild teeing off at 4:00 pm on Friday September 26. All divisions will be offered(same as doubles). $10.00 entry fee.
Any questions post here or email me a: salazf@fuse.net
Zeigler
Posted: Thursday, September 18, 2008 7:36:30 PM

Anyone going to play Advanced in this tourney? Was looking to sign up.....but a two team field doesnt sound thrilling!
L_Stephens
Posted: Thursday, September 18, 2008 11:36:38 PM

There will be another team in Advanced soon....we are just lurking....
EXMONEY@HARBIN
Posted: Friday, September 19, 2008 10:39:54 AM

Well im not sure who Holingshead, but it doeasnt sound like to much fun playing agaisnt Ferrera. So that could be a big reason why there are a good group of intermediates and only one team in Advanced...
KevinB
Posted: Friday, September 19, 2008 11:13:57 AM

2008 Kentucky State Doubles Championships at Idlewild, Saturday September 27th

This Event is Preregistration Only

Preregister via PayPal at www.IdlewildDiscGolf.com, or in person with Fred Salaz, or mail check or money order made payable to: Discntucky, 695 Triple Lake Drive, Crescent Springs, KY 41017.

All preregistered players will receive a custom stamped Idlewild Disc Golf Course resuable beverage bottle, with AMs receiving an additional players pack.

Preregistration Deadline Is 10:00pm (EST) Thursday, September 25th. 

There will be no late registrations or sign-ups the morning of tournament, all teams must register before the deadline or they will not play in this event.

Check-In Will Take Place By Shelter Number Three From 7:30am to 8:20am.  Players Meeting At 8:30am.  Tee-Off At 9:00am.

Sponsorship Opportunities Still Available.  Contact Us At:  IdlewildDiscGolf@gmail.com